Since childhood, everyone hears about the benefits of vitamins and other substances. Over time, one develops the habit of choosing foods that have the highest amount of nutrients. In order for the body to get enough substances from the food, it is necessary to know all the peculiarities of nutritional principles and this will not give a hundred percent guarantee of success. Professional athletes need to take additional supplements in spite of having good quality food in their diet. Athletes’ bodies are not only under tremendous physical strain but also mental stress. Vitamins for athletes have become indispensable helpers in case of long workouts and tough diets. If a normal person can afford to include in the diet of one or the other product, the athletes can not usually do, they have a strict diet at times with a very diverse list of products.
Sports nutrition with a high quality composition can solve all problems with the lack of important elements for the body. If 50 years ago supplements of any type caused distrust because of poor quality, but now, due to innovative development of scientists, only high quality products with natural composition arrive on the shelves. A quality vitamin and mineral complex should contain only useful substances without chemical inclusions. When choosing from a sports shop at https://testosteronepills.top/ pay attention to the composition and price. Products that are too cheap can do more harm than good. To understand how to choose vitamins for fitness and other purposes, you need to monitor the market and read the reviews of other consumers. If a sports drink has won the trust of the majority and there are many good opinions about it, you can safely buy it to achieve your goals.
What vitamins and minerals are there
Vitamins are important regardless of age, occupation and the degree of physical and mental exertion. This is an undeniable fact, which proves that vitamins and minerals have been used for centuries for the maintenance of the body. Before you start taking any remedies, it is important to understand their properties and features and what categories they fall into. Vitamin compounds can be obtained from food, they are organic substances, but minerals are difficult to obtain in sufficient quantities, as their content in food is directly dependent on the natural process. Plants obtain minerals from the soil, after which they enter the human or animal body. It is therefore not known exactly how much minerals are present in a particular food. The vitamin content of food can be calculated from a long-established table. It is also very important to know that not all elements can be dissolved in water or fatty environments. Note that there are two main classifications:
- Fat-soluble vitamins. This is a group of useful substances that allows the body to function properly. They dissolve readily in a fatty environment. Vitamins A, D, E and K belong to this classification. Their composition rejuvenates the body, improves eyesight, and protects against negative influences.
- Water-soluble vitamins. All the B vitamins are soluble in water. They play a major role in the body and must be constantly replenished, they are rapidly eliminated. They strengthen the immune system, act on the skin, hair, bones, and other vital organs and systems.
Please note that there is also a term antivitamins. These are substances that we are used to interfere with the absorption of a certain group of elements. These include thiaminase or caffeine, which slow down vitamins B1 and C, and ascorbinase. It is important not only to know which substances, and in what amounts, are present in foods, but also to combine them correctly.
What vitamins are essential for athletes
High physical exertion, which is experienced by an athlete, is comparable to the hard work of miners. For this reason, it is important for athletes to maintain a balance of substances in the body. Vitamins are essential for every athlete, but it is important to know which ones are used up the fastest in order to improve the quality of training and good health, and to achieve victory in competitions. The most important vitamins during intensive physical effort are b12;b6;b7;b9 and b13. Retinol, tocopherol, and cholecalciferol are also important. Meat and sunshine are particularly tricky sources of cholecalciferol. A strict diet cannot include a lot of meat in the diet, and because of the constant training in the gym it is difficult for athletes to achieve the desired results with morning walks alone. That is why it is so important to combine meals with sports supplements.
Most essential minerals
Minerals play an even more important role than vitamins, as they are more difficult to obtain from food. Minerals are found in both plant and animal foods, only in different amounts. In order to determine how much of a particular food to eat, one should study a table that shows the averages. If an athlete chooses a mineral complex to saturate his or her body with the right elements. A supplement should necessarily contain the following minerals (potassium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, chromium, magnesium and zinc). Fish oil, so important since childhood, should not be forgotten. It is rich in vitamins and essential micronutrients such as sulphur, iodine, bromine and phosphorus. They ensure the athlete has strong bones, a strong nervous system, and a normal hormonal balance.
The influence of vitamins and minerals on sports performance
The vitamin and mineral groups have certain characteristics and properties. Before you start taking pills, you need to decide on your goal and your desire. Every body needs a different amount of vitamins and minerals according to the level of physical exertion and the type of sport practiced:
- Effect of group vitamins (B) – are involved in the processes of forming new tissue cells, promoting muscle growth. Allows you to endure physical exertion and overcome stressful situations. Note that when the ambient temperature drops, large quantities of vitamin B6 are lost. Athletes should always take these vitamin compounds during intensive training and during the build-up of muscle mass.
- Vitamin C is an essential vitamin in sport, as it has many additional protective qualities and helps strengthen bones and ligaments. It helps strengthen bones and ligaments, slows down the ageing process, and accelerates collagen synthesis. It is not widely known, but the supplementation with this vitamin can improve hormonal levels and prevent the degradation of muscles. It should be taken regardless of your sport and purpose, especially in injury-prone sports.
- Vitamin (D) – reduces the threshold of fatigue, increases endurance and performance. Especially important to take for long distance runners and cyclists.
- Vitamin (E) – Increases the function of sexual glands, increases the production of testosterone. It also has a positive effect on the firmness and definition of muscles, and increases the rate of protein metabolism. Needed by bodybuilders and endurance athletes.
- Biotin – gives energy to the body and muscles. Slows the process of catabolism. Necessary for all athletes without exception.
Vitamin complex action cannot be achieved without minerals. Micronutrients act on the entire physical process of an athlete, and sports performance also depends on them:
- Potassium and sodium – the body rapidly loses these micronutrients, which is detrimental to the whole process. Fatigue, headaches, swelling of tissues and increased stress on the heart occur.
- Zinc and magnesium are important in the anabolic process, and are also essential in the recovery from injuries;
- Calcium – strengthens bones and joints and reduces the chance of injury. Calcium – strengthens bones and joints and reduces the chance of injury.
- Iron, iodine, selenium – without these important minerals you cannot be energetic and go through long training sessions without problems. They participate in hormonal changes, allow for normalization of water and nitrogen balance.
- Manganese – involved in reproductive functions, normalizes sexual activity.
The diet of athletes often consists of monotonous foods, because they need to adhere to a certain diet. The whole body suffers from this. Vitamin and mineral complexes, which can be bought at any sports shop, can help to correct the need for nutrients.